As an Indian passport holder, if you plan a trip to Europe you must have a valid Schengen tourist visa and go through the cumbersome visa process documentation. One of the documents required is a cover letter (along with travel itinerary) for visa based on your purpose of travel.
But what to write in a cover letter ? What is the format ? Is there a template for covering letter ?
This article will show you how to create a cover letter in just 5 minutes using BlinkDocs App. As a bonus, BlinkDocs even takes care of the travel itinerary document which is also requirement.
So two visa requirements done in under 5 minutes. It is best that you watch this video and see how our app can help you with your cover letter and travel Itinerary.
As you can see, BlinkDocs is designed as wizard and once you follow the instructions, a perfectly formatted cover letter can be downloaded as a pdf by completing a payment of Just $5.
Once you buy a cover letter, all future edits will be free of charge.
The app works fine on all android and IOS devices.
Create Cover Letter for visa in 5 minutes using
Your cover letter is the first document that the consulate will read. Make a great first impression with BlinkDocs App.
What does cover letter for visa mean (for Indian passport holder)?
In layman terms, a cover letter or a covering letter is a formal brief explanation of the trip that you intend to pursue.
It is also called as personal cover letter since this is the only place where you can candidly “speak” to the visa approval officer and make a case why your visa should be approved.
Although each letter is different because the purpose of travel varies, there are some information that the visa consulate will look for and making sure this information is present is the first important step
A good cover letter for Indian passport holder would contain the below information:
- Address of the General Consulate (You can get it on Google)
- Your trip start and end dates
- Information of the other countries that you are visiting in Europe
- Purpose or theme of your travel (business, visitor, tourism, work) with a brief explanation of the same. For a tourist or a business visa, a travel itinerary will also be needed
- Who is the expense bearer of the trip ? (yourself, spouse, host or company)
- Proof of sustenance (How is the trip funded ?)
- Day-wise travel itinerary, if business or a tourist visa , not necessary for a visitor visa
- Your employment or business information, how you make your bread and butter
- Documents you will be submitting towards your visa approval.
- Your contact information if the consulate have any queries. People tend to ignore this information but it could help avoid unnecessary delays in your visa process.
Sample Covering letter for Schengen visa if you an Indian Citizen
Below is the format of the cover letter that was generated for an Indian passport holder. You can create one for your visa purpose with BlinkDocs App.
Consulate of Germany
Gopalan Innovation Mall, Bannerghatta
Main Rd, Sarakki Industrial Layout, 3rd
Phase, J. P. Nagar, Bengaluru,Karnataka – 560076
Nov 30, 2022
Subject: Approval of my Schengen Tourist Visa with German Consulate
I would like to visit Germany for tourism between Dec 10, 2022 and Dec 20, 2022 I will also be
travelling to Germany & Spain .
Travel Purpose: I am going to visit my aunt who lives in Vienna
As Indian citizen, I need to get a Schengen Tourist Visa for the same.This would explain the details of
my trip and make a case for the issuance of my visa.
- Dec 10, 2022 : Land in Vienna from Delhi
- Dec 11, 2022 : Visit Salzburg in Austria
- Dec 12, 2022 : Go to Munich on a day trip
- Dec 13, 2022 : Have lunch with friends in Maine
- Dec 14, 2022 : Visit Einstein house in Bern
I own a seafood restaurant in Bangalore. I am the bearer of all my travel expenses on this trip.
I am following the requirements as mentioned on the German consulate website.
Please find enclosed the following documents to support my Schengen Tourist Visa application :
- Hotel bookings made for this trip.
- ITR filed for the company upto the latest Financial year
- My business license/ incorporation
- Travel Itinerary during my trip as mentioned above.
- Attested Bank Statement for the last 6 months
- Proof ofInvitation from my host
- Flight itinerary from an agent. The itinerary will be ticketed once visa is approved.
- Duly filled visa application form
I trust you will find that everything is in order. If you need to contact me for further clarification or
additional details on my application my details are below.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Date: Nov 30, 2022
( Kanchana J )
Ph : +9104083932
Email: [email protected]
Obviously this is not cleanly formatted. You can download the below sample to get a perfectly formatted cover letter.
What does a Schengen visa covering letter mean ?
A Schengen visa covering letter is a document that provides a brief of the trip intended for the visa consulate that explains the purpose of your travel. This is used by the consulate to make a case whether your visa must be approved or not.
This also called as Covering letter or personal cover letter or letter to the embassy for visa request all mean the same thing.
The cover letter format may change on the purpose of your travel
What needs to be part of your cover letter depends on your visa type. If you are applying for a visitor visa, then the format and the documents you submit will be different when you compare it to a tourist visa.
To know the more about the type of cover letters for each travel purpose, see the link below.
- Cover letter for business visa for indians
- Cover letter for visitor visa for indians
- Cover letter for student visa for indians
- Cover letter for transit visa for indian citizen
- Covering letter for medical visa for Indian passport holders
- Covering letter for Work visa for Indian passport holders
- Covering letter for Spouse visa for Indian passport holders
- Personal cover letter for sports & culture visa for Indian citizens
To download sample cover letters for these profiles visit our cover letter for visa article.